Search engine optimization is a delicate and complicated process. It’s also much more unstable than many people have been led to believe. Getting lost in the latest SEO practices is easy due to Google’s ever-changing algorithms. There’s also constantly evolving technology, which makes the screens of our mobile devices bigger (and, nowadays, also more foldable). How can you keep up with the rules to make search-engine appealing content? It’s easy: use appropriate SEO tools.
Every successful website owner should strive to improve his search ranking. And to help you stay at the top, we have compiled a list of the most popular website SEO checker tools and services. This article includes free and premium keyword research tools, link checkers, as well as the best services for a website SEO audit.
Continue reading till the end to learn about proven search engine optimization techniques that can help you get above the competition.
Sounds interesting? Then let’s get to it!
Why SEO Tools are Crucial for Website Owners
As a website owner, you’d want to get ahead of your competition. That way, you can get more visitors and boost conversion rates. That would be impossible without implementing relevant search engine optimization practices.
But why should you use specialized services to check website SEO?
- SEO tools reveal critical technical issues. Some problems lurk in places you don’t expect. Want to pinpoint issues that impair your website’s visibility? Website SEO checkers allow you to see solutions you may have never thought of yourself.
- These tools offer insightful suggestions. Website checkers offer plenty of ways to improve on-page SEO. That’s why these services are essential if you want to boost your reach.
- You can identify competitors. Want to learn from rivals? Start by figuring out who they are. With keyword tools, you’ll get a full picture of competitive portals and their best optimization practices.
- They help you remember core SEO principles. Content creators can’t keep everything in their minds all the time. That’s why some services can be used as checklists to make sure that every piece of writing is search-engine friendly.
- Mobile device optimization. Nowadays, over 52% of all online traffic comes from smartphones and tablets. You should keep that in mind when coming up with titles, descriptions, and meta tags. Some of the tools we’re going to talk about allow you to optimize your content with mobile devices in mind.
Different Types of SEO Services
You’re probably aware that the Internet is crammed with all sorts of website SEO checker tools. Why do you think they’re so popular?
Website owners have various goals for their portals. They can also focus on diverse SEO areas or strive to get better ranking on different search engines.
That’s why there are so many types of SEO checkers out there. Some of them offer all-in-one website analysis, while others focus on specific optimization practices like link checking or keyword research.
11 Best SEO Audit Tools for Website Analysis
Let’s start this list with services that perform a full-scale search engine optimization audit. These online tools perform in-depth analysis to provide all-encompassing SEO data about your portal.
We decided to open this top with one of the most renowned services on the market. Ahrefs is a premium-class website analyzer with advanced functionality. It offers a wide range of tools, including site, content, and keyword explorer, as well as the ability to perform an all-in-one site audit.
To sum it up, Ahrefs is the go-to service for leading online marketing experts. However, Ahrefs takes some time to get used to due to the large numbers of stats it presents.
Looking to find an all-encompassing free audit tool? Then, you’ll be delighted to use Found! It’s a straightforward and comprehensible SEO tool that provides reports on any website.
Found can identify problems with your content, find technical issues, and evaluate the quality of links on your website. Can’t wait to improve your rankings? Then, export a full report as a PDF file and share it with other experts so they can start optimizing right away.
3. Google’s tools (Analytics, PageSpeed Insights, Keyword Planner)
As you might expect, Google offers all sorts of website SEO checkers and analysis tools. We thought it would be convenient to place them all as one item.
- PageSpeed Insights gauges portal’s speed for desktop and mobile devices. We’ll go over how speed affects your rankings later on.
- Google Analytics is useful as an audit tool that provides all necessary website stats. It also supplies info about keywords that attract visitors to your platform.
- Google Keyword Planner. The search engine giant has a keyword tool that can help you get above the competition.
What if you want to increase your platform’s appeal for all traffic sources? Then, you should make use of Moz. It’s an excellent online service that evaluates portals through various search engines and even social networks.
If you want advanced features, however, you should opt for Moz Pro. It’s a fantastic all-in-one website analyzer that will help you boost your optimization and maintain substantial online reach.
Nibbler is a fine free analyzer that can evaluate any website based on more than 30 parameters. You’ll get a ranking for each aspect of your portal, including marketing techniques, as well as accessibility and user-friendliness.
Aside from scoring, Nibbler provides suggestions on how to improve different aspects of the website to achieve better results.
SEMrush is packed with multiple analyzers. You get keyword research, search engine optimization audit, link checker tools, and many other functions. Want to borrow valuable practices from rivals? With SEMrush, you can compare your portal’s performance with competition to see what drives their platforms forward.
7. SEO Tester Online
SEO Tester Online is a helpful tool for improving site visibility for search platforms. You can expect an SEO audit, keyword research, and content management tools. It also allows you to analyze competitive portals.
SEO Tester Online ranks your platform based on four aspects: load speed, base metadata, content optimization, and user-intuitiveness. Furthermore, it points to the problems you should address to boost your reach.
Another powerful premium audit tool for website owners. Seomator dissects your website and scores every element of the platform. It provides an exhaustive report with information about problems and makes useful suggestions for optimization.
You’d be glad to know that Seomator offers limited free functionality in the form of an audit tool. However, it’s the premium features where this tool shines the brightest.
The paid tool includes SEO monitoring features and detailed history of search optimization changes on the portal. Do you like to spy on your competitors? Then you’ll like the domain comparison feature that can help you adopt useful promotional practices.
Varvy is an excellent website analysis service that provides insight into your domain’s main strengths and weaknesses (according to Google’s guidelines). It’s also free. Hence, it’s popularity among site owners.
Varvy’s report contains information about different aspects of your platform. It includes mobile device optimization, security rating, speed, and accessibility. Aside from that, it analyzes images for metadata and alt text. Varvy’s kind enough to notify you about areas that need fixes or improvement.
10. Website Grader
Simple yet effective HubSpot powered service, Website Grader allows you to implement new opportunities for boosting your portal’s reach. It’s available since 2007. However, it keeps continually updating to keep in touch with innovative SEO functionalities.
How does it work? First, this tool reviews your site based on search engine optimization, security, adaptation for mobile, and overall performance. Then, Website Grader scores your platform and provides an extensive report about areas that need improvement.
11. Yoast SEO
There’s no other WordPress SEO plugin that gets as many recommendations as Yoast SEO. There’s a reason for that. This tool is so straightforward that content optimization feels enjoyable.
Yoast SEO is a flexible and accessible solution that suits both professional marketers and newbies. And the best part – all of the essentials features of this plugin are absolutely free. That shouldn’t stop you from trying the premium version, which takes optimization to the next level!
5 Services for Link Checking and Optimization
Link building remains the most efficient method of boosting website reach. Below, you’ll find reliable tools that can help you improve link optimization. You can also use them to learn a few things from the competition.
1. Check My Links
Check My Links is a Chrome browser extension that tests internal and external links structure on your website. What else can you expect from a tool with a name like that?
Check My Links is very easy to handle. It quickly highlights all the links on a page with the appropriate colors, making it easy to detect and fix broken ones.
2. Dead Link Checker
Dead Link Checker tool allows you to check website SEO for non-working links. It’s a straightforward solution for website owners and marketers who want to identify stuff that disturbs their portal’s performance.
This tool analyzes broken links through various methods. You can check single pages and multiple URLs simultaneously for free. Additionally, you can get one of the paid subscriptions if you want to automate the link checking process.
Do you want to achieve better popularity in a specific niche? Then, Detailed might be an online service for you! It lists some of the most popular online portals for several industries and shows you what links drive the traffic towards them.
This tool makes it’s easy to borrow useful SEO practices from media giants. Furthermore, Detailed has amazing Chrome and Firefox extensions that provide you with instant page-level insights for optimization.
No one is born with advanced technology and marketing skills. And beginners would make great use of a free Chrome extension called LinkMiner – a very handy tool for link building.
This tool performs an on-page HTTP check-up and highlights all broken links. That way, anyone can improve their portal’s search engine appeal in a matter of minutes.
Linkody is a great tracking service that’s all about streamlining your link building process. It provides exhaustive data across various metrics in a way that’s easy to comprehend for any website owner.
It’s a paid service. However, it offers strong backlink analyzing tools for a very affordable monthly subscription. Aside from link tracking, you get an ability to spy on rivaling portals. Just put the competitor’s web address, and Linkody will gather tons of SEO-relevant data.
Linkody also offers amazing customer support. That’s why we think that this service is definitely worth its price.
5 Keyword Research Tools
Want to plan effective Adwords and SEO campaigns for your websites? Keyword research tools can assist you in finding the best ranking long-tail keywords from top-performing websites.
1. Answer the Public
With Answer the Public, you can identify sought-after keywords phrases and questions that drive people to websites. If you want to target certain demographics and customers – this tool is just what you need to boost your online business.
Answer the Public collects search information and presents it in a stylish-looking and comprehensible graphics. It’s a fantastic way to get useful suggestions for attracting new visitors.
Developed by an online marketing guru Neil Patel, Ubersuggest is one of the go-to SEO tools. It makes it easy to find new ideas for content and acquire useful keyword suggestions.
Ubersuggests also provides some extra functionality. For example, it shows top-ranking pages, backlink data, full domain view, and even provides tools for Website Audit. Plus, nothing prevents you from trying it out because it’s also free!
3. Keyword Tool
Keyword Tool is one of the basic research services that’s quite valuable for marketers and copywriters. It generates a diverse set of keyword phrases based on a type of engine and language you select.
The service gathers an exhaustive set of keywords suggestions (over 750 for each term) for engines such as Google, YouTube, Instagram, Bing, Twitter, and others. It also supports over 50 different languages, allowing you to target almost any demographic. And to top it all off, the Keyword Tool is absolutely free.
4. LSI Graph
LSI Graph is an outstanding service with free functionality. This tool allows you to learn top trending keywords with lots of accompanying data. It includes information about relevance, organic competition, search volume, and cost-per-click for every phrase.
Aside from keyword research, LSI Graph shows you a list of best-performing URLs for each inquiry. That way, you can find out about top ranking competitors and gather ideas from their articles.
The free version offers up to 3 searches per day. The premium version, however, unlocks an unlimited number of inquiries. It also provides insight into the latent semantic value and social share percentages for every source.
5. Keywords Everywhere
Let’s finish this list with one of the fan favorites. Keywords Everywhere is an exceptional browser extension available for Chrome and Firefox. What makes it so popular among copywriters and SEO marketers?
First, it’s masterfully integrated into search engines. You don’t even have to dedicate any substantial time to research because Keywords Everywhere shows results and search volumes right inside the autocomplete section. The tool provides myriads of metrics and data for each inquiry. It’s also customizable, so it won’t overwhelm you with information you don’t need.
We would’ve loved to say that it’s free, but no tool can be perfect at everything. The good news is: Keywords Everywhere is very cheap. That’s why we don’t recommend missing on it if you want to master keyword research!
Tips to Boost Your Website’s SEO Ranking
There’s no arguing that SEO tools are essential for rankings. However, you can’t rely on them alone if you want to attract traffic to your platform. There are some basics you should never forget to follow. You also have to use the tools mentioned above accordingly to get the best results. How’s that?
Let’s take a look at proven techniques for boosting your search engine optimization.
- Provide engaging content for readers. Over 72% of online marketers agree that useful and relevant content is the most important aspect of search ranking. With all the optimization, you can forget the essential stuff. Remember that you must provide content for people, not for search engines.
- Optimize links on your site. Most specialists think that link building is one of the most complicated parts of the SEO process. Meanwhile, it’s a particularly effective way to drive traffic to your portal. Top ranking pages often have over 35,000 backlinks. That’s why you should use proper internal and external sources. Additionally, try to include only readable URLs when adding links to your site.
- Use readable and search-engine friendly addresses.
- Improve website speed. Every moment counts in the world of SEO. Even one second of page load time can take off 7% of conversion rates. Understand that the quality of your content won’t matter if users get tired of waiting for your website to load. What can you do to enhance your rankings? Simply get rid of all things that slow down your portal! Good news: there are myriads of tools that can help you identify elements that hinder your website.
- Watch out for the competition. Google likes to keep us on the edge of our seats with the algorithm updates. Therefore, it’s not abnormal for your platform to stop ranking as high as you’d want all of a sudden. What can you do when nothing else seems to work? It’s simple. Look at your “online adversaries.” Checking the website SEO of successful portals is a surefire way to learn new effective optimization techniques.
- Deliver content consistently. This doesn’t mean that you must prioritize quantity over quality. But you must publish unique content on a regular basis. Avoid stagnation at all costs, as it will gradually lower your SEO rankings.
- Dedicate enough time to research. Want to appear higher in the list of search engine results? Then, you must pick appropriate keyword phrases. To do this, you must perform thorough research and monitor industry trends. Good news: it’s not that complicated if you use the right tools. The best way to keep your fingers on the pulse of SEO is to utilize keyword research services we mentioned above.
- Optimize content using multiple website SEO checkers. Remember how we talked about how different tools focus on various areas of optimization? You should also understand that no tool is 100% accurate. Thereby, you might want to try several website checkers before deciding which one suits you best.
Almost everyone can master search engine optimization practices. That doesn’t mean you should focus your website solely on algorithms.
The best course of action for success is to concentrate on filling your portal with unique and engaging connect. But if you want to reach the top of search results – you should make use of the appropriate SEO tools.
And you can do that without problems with the tools we talked about in this article! Just remember to try as many of them as possible before picking your favorites.
This concludes our list of tools and services that can help you optimize your portal! What do you use to check website SEO? Feel free to let us know!